Tuesday 14 April 2015

Epiphany


- A moment of sudden and great revelation or realisation. 


Story time... So just the other day I was shopping in Manchester and we had to get a bus from the centre to Trafford centre, we ended up getting on a different bus to the one we wanted but it went to the same place so it was fine. It was at this point I had a sudden epiphany, similar to the feeling I got when I looked around the University Of York and had the 'I need to go to this uni or my life won't go in the direction I desperately need it to go in' moment. It sounds so cliche but as we drove past media city and I saw the ITV and BBC studios I knew thats where I wanted to be, what I want to do with my life. Then I saw the apartment behind the studio in Manchester and was just so excited at the thought of living there in just a few years...... 

I know its not as simple as oh I want that job so i'm going to get it but now I know what I want I have something to aim for! I'm one of them people who needs a goal or something to look forward to and now this is it! I'm just so excited at the thought of getting on a tv set and helping produce content for everyone to see. For now it's just a goal, my plans can change and its not a definite.I could get an internship with a smaller company or hell I could start my own production company(If I had a pretty good compadre to help with the adventure) but yeah for now i'm excited for my extremely uncertain and competitive career path and the bumps along the way.

I would say float through life but thats not the best way to go,having a little plan is always nice and if things don't go the way you want then just get back up and find a new path to go on, sometimes a different adventure is the best adventure you can go on!

I had to use this gif i'm sorry


Adios,
 Lauren




No comments:

Post a Comment